Letterpress wedding invite that’s chock full of details
“Simple,” “elegant” and “modern” are words I often hear when brides-to-be describe their perfect wedding invitation. Tasteful and traditional also work their way into the conversation. As I’m listening, I’m thinking about their story, what makes them different.
This project was featured on The Beauty of Letterpress!
What inspires custom designed wedding invites?
Small personal details, that’s what. Yes, everyone wants something beautiful and letterpress is a wonderful solution for an invite that delivers understated elegance. But there’s got to be a concept. There must be more than what you can buy off the shelf at a card shop.
This is where the couple’s personal story turns into meaningful details that make the entire invitation one of a kind. Custom fit, tailor made, bespoke just for them.
Two key points of inspiration: the lake where the couple married at the bride’s family home, and their fashionable lifestyle. They wanted: simple, modern, fashion forward / fashion conscious, tasteful, with a slight 80s feel. Great! Working in a little 80s style was fun. Tune Pandora to Flock of Seagulls radio and away we go.
The letterpress invitation suite included:
- Panel invitation card
- RSVP postcard (perforated, self-mailer)
- Envelope with coordinating liner
- Map and info card
- Thank you note cards
Their personal design shaped up with these details
- Paper: Crane’s Lettra 220# Cover, Pearl White with matching envelopes
- Invitation: 3/0 white, black, pink
- RSVP: 3/1 white, black, pink / black
- Finishing: custom black envelope liners with black wavy imprint, black belly bands with black wavy imprint, pink edge painting, perforation, two custom postage stamps, lake illustration
- Size: 5.5″ x 8.5″, A9 envelope
Spiffy Press creates custom designed wedding invites.
Email Scott or call 626-676-5288
PS. Bonus for reading this far … I married them too on that beautiful lake in Washington state. 🙂