Passport to a memorable wedding, Photo credit: Aaron Gil, www.fotonuova.com
I’m excited to say I saw this article in the L.A. Times recently showcasing Kevin Lo and Maggie Tsai’s wedding … because Spiffy Press designed and printed the letterpress invitations. This was a really fun project, not only were Kevin and Maggie fun to work with, they were the ideal clients because they were looking for a non-traditional invitation and they completely understood how the invitation sets the tone for the entire event.
Today, many couples are looking for something completely customized to reflect their personalities, event and who they. This was a great match for how I like to work and create a truly one-of-a-kind invitation.
The look was inspired by vintage, travel ephemera to conceptually look like a turn-of-the-century passport to tie into the couple’s travel theme (they were married on a yacht in the Marina del Rey harbor). The invitation also doubled as a photo book keepsake with pages to hold the souvenir photos they had arranged for guests to take during the wedding.
A few details for you invitation junkies, like me:
- Cover and inside letterpress paper is Crane’s 100% cotton
- Envelope is recycled brown-paper kraft, with a string closure
- Cover showcases a debossed monogram of the couples initials in vintage styling
- Booklet binding; colors matched the couple’s wedding scheme
- Invitation included a luggage tag pre-wedding invitation
- Two spreads of photo album pages for souvenir photos
- Vintage atlas pages were bound with the letterpress pages, no two invitations are alike
- Tear-away RSVP postcard with a custom map
Enjoy the photos of this invitation. I hope it inspires you to think creatively about what a wedding invite can be. At the least it’s a lasting keepsake for you and your guests.
Thank you to Aaron Gil of FotoNuova Photography, wedding photograph for this event for a couple of these professional photos. You can find his work at:
Contact Spiffy Press today!
Luggage tag pre-wedding event invitation
Vintage map pages with letterpress invitation page
Cover with mongram debossed detail
Photo album pages for guests' souvenir photos
Detail of passport-style date of the wedding on each page
Big news for the big day!
Montage of the day
Vintage maps were bound into the invitation for a touch of old-world flair, Photo credit: Aaron Gil, www.fotonuova.com